Fort Stanton Historic Site
Fort Stanton, Inc.
The Mission of Fort Stanton Inc.
The mission of Fort Stanton Inc. (FSI), is to inform every aspect of Fort Stanton's preservation. To be good stewards of Fort Stanton Historic Site and to share its cultural resources with the local community, the people of New Mexico, and a global audience.
Who we are and what we do...
Before becoming a historic site, Fort Stanton was dying and needed a hero. In 1997, Fort Stanton Inc. (FSI), organized as a 501C-3 with a mission to save the fort. FSI succeeded in mobilizing public opinion and convincing the State Legislature to appropriate the first funds for its renovation. FSI also won substantial grants to begin reconstruction of the historic buildings. Thanks to the tireless efforts of a dedicated and passionate group of volunteers, Fort Stanton became a State Monument in 2007.
FSI is an all-volunteer organization that uses money collected through memberships, donations, and special events to support Fort Stanton. FSI organizes two popular, fundraising events at Fort Stanton each year, Fort Stanton LIVE! (2nd Saturday in July) and Fort Stanton After Dark (last Saturday in October).
The Museum Gift Shop
FSI operates a very successful gift shop in the main museum at Fort Stanton Historic Site. Operational hours are 10:00am to 4:00 pm, Thursday through Monday. Volunteers are always needed to staff the gift shop.
Benefits of Membership in FSI:
- You make a real difference by helping to preserve the buildings and physical artifacts of an important moment in history, as well as giving visitors a better understanding of our shared history and how it made us what we are today!
- Free admission to most museum events
- 10% off all non-sale items in the museum gift shop
- Quarterly newsletters keep you up to date on upcoming events, projects, programs, and news from Fort Stanton.
- Membership in FSI is tax deductible!
Ready to Join Us?
Membership in Fort Stanton Inc. is available to anyone who wishes to support the fort. Memberships range from $25 to $2,000 and are tax deductible. Click here to join us: www.fortstanton.org/membership
Fort Stanton Inc.
P.O. Box 1, 104 Kit Carson Road
Fort Stanton, NM 88323
General Information: 575-354-0341