Jemez Historic Site
Plan Your Visit
Hours and Days of Operation:
- Open 10am - 4pm Wednesday through Sunday.
- Closed Monday & Tuesday
- Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day.
- $7 - General Admission
- FREE - 16 & under, NM Residents on 1st Sunday of the month
Visiting during the Pandemic:
All New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs museums and historic sites require visitors to follow statewide public health orders, executive orders, as well as CDC guidelines to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19. As a resident, or a visitor, it is your obligation to be aware of and follow these public health orders and executive orders. Click here to find out more about how we are keeping our staff and visitors safe.
FOR YOUR VISIT:
- Virtual Trail Guide- Use this to as you walk the trail on any mobile device. There is information about each numbered point of interest on the trail. We also have a printed Trail Guide available at the front desk for those that are interested.
- Virtual Junior Ranger Activity Book- Click here to learn more about our Junior Ranger Program and what you can do to receive a Jemez Historic Site Junior Ranger patch.
Most of the trails are paved and wheelchair accessible.
Photography is allowed exept for kiva interior. Professional photography with prior written permission only.
Dogs are allowed on the trails as long as they are leashed and owners pick up after them.
A visit to one of the local hot springs, commercial and natural, will ease any achy muscles. From Jemez Historic Site you can double back to Albuquerque, but there is also a beautiful drive heading north on Hwy 4 to Valles Caldera, Bandelier National Monument, and Los Alamos National Labs where there is an interesting Science Museum. From Los Alamos, take Hwy 4 east to the 285 and return to Santa Fe or Albuquerque. Or you may head north on the 285 to explore the charming Northern New Mexico towns of Española, Sanctuario de Chimayo (take the 503 towards Nambe), Truchas, or Taos.
Jemez Historic Site
Contact Jémez Historic Site
PO Box 143 Jemez Springs, NM 87025