Lincoln Historic Site
Plan Your Visit
Hours and Day of Operation:
Open 8:30am to 4:30pm 7 days a week.
Closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
$7. Free to NM residents on the first Sunday of each month. Children 16 and under are always admitted free. Wednesday admission is free to New Mexico Seniors with ID. Cash, credit cards, and checks accepted at the Visitor Center and Courthouse.
Lincoln, NM. 12 miles east of Capitan on U.S. 380
Lincoln, NM. 12 miles east of Capitan on U.S. 380 or 10 miles west from the intersection of US 380 and US 70.
Enjoy your visit. Take nothing but memories. Leave nothing but footprints.
5 to 7 museums are open to the public, depending on the season, and most are wheelchair accessible. A small park is available for picnicking, and there is ½ mile hiking trail along the Rio Bonito. There are 2 restaurants in the Lincoln Historical District, 2 B&B's - the Dolan House and the Ellis Store, and the Wortley Hotel. There are no service stations in Lincoln but fuel is available 12 miles west in Capitan and 10 miles east in Hondo. Capitan also has 5 restaurants and the Smokey Bear Motel. The Lincoln National Forest has camping at Baca Campground 10 miles west and north of Lincoln.
All museums are wheelchair accessible except for the second floor of the Courthouse.
There are 2 restaurants in the Lincoln Historical District and 5 restaurants in Capitan.
Amateur photography is allowed inside the buildings. Professional photography is allowed with prior written approval. Contact the Historic Site at (575)653-4025 for details.
Ranger talks will resume Memorial Day Weekend, 2015. Times and titles will be posted at the Visitor Center, Courthouse Museum, and Tunstall Store. Call 575-653-4025 for more information. Ranger programs will be subject to change with short notice.
- Smokey Bear Historical Park is 12 miles west in Capitan.
- The Hubbard Museum of the American West is 34 miles by U.S.380 & U.S.70 in Ruidoso Downs.
- Valley of Fires National Recreation Area is 34 miles west on U.S.380.
- The Roswell Museum and Art Center and The International U.F.O. Museum and Research Center are 57 miles east in Roswell.
- In addition Ruidoso, Ruidoso Downs, and the Mescalero Apache Reservation have between them 2 casinos, a horse racing track, 4 public golf courses, and a downhill ski resort.
Lincoln Historic Site
Contact Lincoln Historic Site
PO Box 36, Lincoln, NM 88338